I started listening to the audiobook version of David McCullough's The Wright Brothers, and I'm hooked. It's the kind of audiobook that has you driving around aimlessly just so you can listen to it a little bit longer. I'm amazed that there is so much that I didn't know about these famous brothers. Here are my top five favorite new to me facts about the Wright Brothers:
- We think of them as geniuses, but at the time most people thought they were crazy.
- They lived in a tent while they built the first plane.
- They learned to fly from watching birds.
- They gave leftover plane material to a local to make dresses for her daughter.
- There was a Wright sister, and she was awesome.
If you love this book, you might also like:
Note: links to amazon.com are affiliate links. Thanks for your support.